Attention Clients: Please read all information below. These instructions will ensure a long lasting tan.
Remember: Every body is beautiful!
*Manicures, pedicures, or waxing should be done before your spray tan not afterwards.*
- Exfoliate your entire body 24-48 hours before your spray tanning appointment using a rough loofah, body brush or exfoliating gloves and an oil-free cleanser. We recommend Neutrogena or Equate Acne Face Wash for the whole body. (If you forget to exfoliate, don’t fret! We offer a Pre Sunless Body eXmitt, a convenient, no water required mitt that gently polishes and balances the skins pH, while working to boost amino acid levels and maximize sunless color results for $6.) If your skin is extremely dry do not use cleansers but still use a loofah or a wash cloth to exfoliate. Remove any old spray tan before your session using a loofah or tan removal mitt.
- Have flip-flops or sandals handy. No socks or boots should be worn after a spray tan; this will cause the tan to rub off before it fully develops.
- Thoroughly remove any deodorant, moisturizers, makeup and perfume.
- Pull hair up and away from the face and secure with a hair tie. (Disposable hairnets will be provided to wear during the session.)
- Undress to your comfort level. Disposable bras, bikinis, and thongs are provided. Women can choose to tan nude. Men must wear a disposable brief or thong.
- Wear dark loose fitting clothing after the tanning session. The instant bronzer may rub off onto the inside of clothing but will wash out in the laundry not causing permanent staining.
2. During Session
- The technician will give a brief consultation and select the ideal solution for your skin type.
- Remove clothing to your comfort level. Women can choose to wear a disposable bikini, thong, or they can choose to go nude. Men must wear a disposable bikini bottom or briefs.
- The technician will give you barrier cream to apply to your hands, feet, elbows, knees, and any dry patches. She will also give you cardboard Neat Feet to wear to create a barrier between the soles of your feet and any overspray that may occur.
- pH Balancing Prep Spray will be applied immediately prior to the sunless spray session to balance skin pH and hydrate the skin.
- The technician will apply the sunless solution using a High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) spray gun.
- Your flawless tan will take 5-10 minutes and will dry as the solution is applied. No streaks, no mess, just a perfect Off the Beach Glow!®
- Wear loose fitting clothes for the first 18 hours after tanning.
- You may shower after 8-12 hours, unless using the Rapid Tan formula then you can shower 2-3 hours after your session.
- If you notice flaws before your post session shower it is most likely caused by clothing or water drips from hand washing. These flaws usually only affect the instant bronzer and your tan should be even after your first post-tan shower.
- Avoid shaving, using harsh cleansers, or scrubbing excessively, as these things will make your tan fade more quickly. Wait to shave after 18 hours if you can.
- 18 hours post-session is when the tan should be fully developed and you can go into seawater, chlorine, and engage in exercise that may produce heavy sweating.
- Tans are expected to last 5-7 days depending on skin type and activities; some tans may last up to 14 days.
- Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize! This will help extend the life of your tan.